Weddings at Ethan Allen Hotel - Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are available times for wedding receptions?
A five hour reception is offered as early as 12 pm-5 pm, 6 pm-11 pm, or 7 pm-12 am. There is flexibility for reception times taking place on Fridays, Sundays and Weekdays.
2. Do you have two receptions taking place at once?
No, the Ethan Allen Hotel does not book two receptions taking place at the same time. We will book one AM reception and one PM reception, but never two receptions during the same time frame.
3. Do you offer an area for my wedding ceremony?
On-site ceremonies are common at Ethan Allen Hotel in our Gazebo Courtyard, Essex Court, Glass Conservatory, or one of our two elegantly-appointed Ballrooms.
4. Is there a cost for the ceremony?
A fee is charged for the space, set-up and personal coordination of the ceremony, please inquire with your Wedding Planner.
5. Do you offer options for vegetarian, children, or vendor meals?
Your Wedding Package provides for all of these selections as requested.
6. How many people may be seated at a table?
Seating allows for six to ten guests per table.
7. Do you offer chair covers?
Chair covers are available for an additional charge, but included in the Platinum package.
8. How many guests can your Ballrooms accommodate?
Our Essex Ballroom may accommodate up to 135 guests with a dance floor, and our Regency Ballroom may accommodate 240 guests with a dance floor. Our Grand Ballroom will accommodate 400 guests with a dance floor.
9. How many servers are assigned to my guests?
Ethan Allen Hotel prides itself on providing our guests the utmost in service, with a server ratio of one server per 20 guests. Bartenders are provided on a one per 100 guest basis.
10. Who will oversee my wedding reception?
Your personal Banquet Manager will be introduced to you at your final meeting one week prior to your reception date, to ensure they are well versed in all ceremony/reception details. This also allows for any final questions to be answered.
11. How many suites & guestrooms are in the hotel?
Ethan Allen Hotel boasts 193 suites and guestrooms, including 5 specialty Suites.
12. What time does Fairfields Lounge close?
Last call is announced at 1:30am, and closes at 2:00am
13. Is Ethan Allen Hotel available for booking rehearsal dinners and post-wedding breakfast or brunch?
Many Bride & Grooms and their families choose to host one or more special events in the hotel, with the variety of great menu offerings and banquet spaces to select from.
14. When is my final count and payment due?
Ten (10) business days prior to the wedding or event date.
15. Do you have booking minimums?
Yes, a booking minimum of 125 guests applies to the Essex Ballroom, and 150 guests to the Regency Ballroom. There is flexibility in booking minimums for a weekday wedding.
16. Do you have a Preferred Vendor list?
Ethan Allen Hotel has an established relationship with reputable bridal professionals offering services from florists to photographers and limousine companies to recommend. Please inquire with your Planner.
17. What are the hotel check-in & checkout times?
3:00 pm check-in and 12:00 pm checkout
18. Are special discounts offered for Fridays, Sundays, or off peak times?
Yes, please inquire with our Wedding Sales Manager.
19. May we bring in our own food or beverage?
Due to our food & beverage licensing, no food or beverage may be brought in to the hotel, or, packaged to leave hotel premises at the end of the event.
20. Is there additional cost or room rental for room?
The Ballroom is provided complimentary and included in your Wedding Package.